Joint pain is a common concern for many Americans, regardless of their age. Living with joint pain can make it incredibly difficult to complete regular activities of daily living. From dressing to exercising, walking, or even being with loved ones, all of these activities can be impaired due to joint pain.
If you've been struggling with chronic or acute joint pain, personal injuries, or sports injuries, we at Family Healthcare Chiro Ctr in Stafford, VA, want to help you recover fast. We make it our mission to help people experiencing various types of pain find relief and experience a pain-free life by offering high-quality chiropractic care services.
What Causes Joint Pain?
Joint pain can have a variety of causes due to age, medical conditions, and wear and tear. Some of the most common causes of joint pain include:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a disease that is caused by aging and wear and tear of the joints
- Previous personal injuries, such as injuries at work or sports like dislocated or fractured bones
- Bursitis. Bursitis is a disease caused by the inflammation of the bursa sacs cushioning the joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis, a disease that is autoimmune and can affect anyone of any age. This disease causes the body to attack itself and causes joint pain.
What Chiropractic Treatments Are Used for Joint Pain?
Our chiropractor will focus on treating the surrounding tissues of the joint when conducting chiropractic care. We can determine if your pain is due to an issue such as osteoarthritis, bursitis, or a previous injury. We will do so by conducting a thorough physical exam and follow-up care to determine which treatments work best for your injury.
Chiropractic care that can be used for your joint pain include:
- Muscle exercises to strengthen surrounding tissues and stabilize the joint
- Muscle stretches to reduce inflammation and spasms
- Electrical stimulation or soundwave therapy to reduce the symptoms of joint pain and heal damaged tissues surrounding the joints
- Acupuncture, which can help alleviate different types of pain using an ancient, Chinese medical technique
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign different extremities and joints that might be placed out of alignment
These are just some of the many chiropractic care treatments available from our trained chiropractor that can help you find permanent refile from joint pain.
Live Free of Joint Pain with Help from Family Healthcare Chiro Ctr
Joint pain can be difficult to live with, but it doesn't have to be permanent. At Family Healthcare Chiro Ctr in Stafford, VA, we'll help you get the care you need to live free of this pain! Call us today to schedule an appointment.